CORE, SUPPORT AND SOCIAL INFRASTRUCTURE TO BE PROVIDED IN INDUSTRIAL ESTATES | PROVISION FOR MSME UNITS IN THE INDUSTRIALS ESTATES | ESI HOSPITALS AND DISPENSARIES | AFFORDABLE HOUSING FOR THE WORKFORCE AND PROVISION OF CRECHES | EXHIBITION AND CONVENTION CENTRES | WAREHOUSING FACILITY | COMMON ENVIRONMENT INFRASTRUCTURE | NATURAL GAS | AVAILABILITY OF WATER FOR INDUSTRIAL USE | E-WASTE FACILITY | MAINTENANCE OF INDUSTRIAL PARKS | ESTATE MANAGEMENT
CORE, SUPPORT AND SOCIAL INFRASTRUCTURE TO BE PROVIDED IN INDUSTRIAL ESTATES
Though the actual infrastructure facilities will depend on the nature, size and resources available for an industrial Parks, the State would endeavour to provide the following core, support and social infrastructure in all the existing and future industrial Parks in a time bound manner:
- Developed Industrial Plots
- Roads, Storm Water Drainage and Street Lights
- Water Supply
- Power Supply Network
- Solid Waste Disposal
- Environment Conservation Initiatives – Green Spaces, Parks and Gardens
- Skill Development Centre
- Technology Centre
- Common Facility Centre
- Common Effluent Treatment Plant
- Recycling of Waste
- Exhibition and Convention Centre
- Cargo Logistics Centre/ Custom bonded warehousing
- Petrol and Service Station
- Fire Station
- Space for public amenities – Post office/Banks/Insurance, other Institutions
- Industrial Housing
- Healthcare and medical attendance services
- ESI Dispensary/ Hospital
- Schooling & Crèches
- Organized transport linkages
PROVISION FOR MSME UNITS IN THE INDUSTRIALS ESTATES
The State would earmark adequate land for MSME units including land for development of flatted factories, industrial sheds and other measures to support MSME units. Further, the State would allow the plots to be used for duly identified service enterprises.
ESI HOSPITALS AND DISPENSARIES
In many industrial estates, plots have been reserved but no ESI hospital or dispensary has been set up. The State would take up with ESI department either to develop the facilities in a time bound manner otherwise the State would arrange for alternate model for delivering services in such Industrial Estates.
AFFORDABLE HOUSING FOR THE WORKFORCE AND PROVISION OF CRECHES
- In order to ensure availability of labour, development of affordable housing including dormitories and hostels will be done in or around industrial estates.
- The State would make suitable land available for developing affordable housing under various State and GOI schemes and devising suitable PPP model.
- The State will allow conversion of industrial plots lying vacant for affordable housing for labours keeping in view the demand of such facilities in respective industrial estates.
- The State will also facilitate setting up of crèche facilities in the industrial areas.
EXHIBITION AND CONVENTION CENTRES
Exhibition centers play a key role in enabling the Industry to showcase and market their range of products. The State will set up Exhibition and Convention centers with the latest infrastructure and facilities including spacious conference halls, display areas, proper parking, etc. in Mohali, Ludhiana, Jalandhar and Amritsar in first phase.
All the new Industrial Parks shall have the provision of warehousing facilities, which could be developed in PPP mode providing good facilities and latest infrastructure. Further, provisions shall be made to develop Warehousing facilities near existing clusters, in case such demand exists.
COMMON ENVIRONMENT INFRASTRUCTURE
- The State firmly believes that Industrial development has to be environmentally sustainable. Common Environment Infrastructure is the need of the hour for industries not capable of putting up their own Environment Management System due to technical, financial or land related constraints. This is particularly required to support MSME units in various industrial clusters.
- The State in partnership with Industry Associations will facilitate setting up of common environment infrastructure such as Common Effluent Treatment Plants, Common Hazardous Waste Treatment Facilities, E -Waste Collection and Disposal facilities and other such facilities to protect the environment and promote sustainable development.
- The State shall utilize various schemes such as MSME-CDP scheme of Ministry of MSME, Integrated Processing Development Scheme (IPDS) of Ministry of Textiles to avail funding for setting up of CETPs. Apart from facilitating assistance under various Central and State Schemes, the State will also facilitate setting up of common facilities on PPP.
- Provide land for CETPs on lease
- Exemption of Electricity duty on the operations of the CETP
- Expedite any existing or future State shares in setting up of CETPs
The State will explore supply of Natural gas to the Industrial Parks through proper connectivity.
AVAILABILITY OF WATER FOR INDUSTRIAL USE
The State will set up Ground Water Authority to frame appropriate and sustainable policies for use of water. The State would also work towards greater use of surface water for industrial purpose and suitable schemes will be framed.
Keeping in view the amount of e-Waste being generated, the State would set up adequate facilities for e-Waste collection and recycling.
MAINTENANCE OF INDUSTRIAL PARKS
Nodal Agency for maintenance
- The Authority shall be the nodal agency responsible for maintenance of all the Industrial Parks in the State. It will have the status of local authority. The Authority will collect and retain the charges accrued from the industrial estates, focal points, etc. transferred to the Authority in the form of property tax, water, sewerage, solid waste and utilize the same for development, upgradation, maintenance and management of the industrial areas.
Levy of maintenance service charge
The Authority would levy maintenance service charges on industrial units located in the Industrial Parks to meet the gap, if any, in the income and expenditure on maintenance.
Upgradation of Industrial Parks on PPP
- Keeping in view that the industrial Parks are currently in poor shape, huge resources would be required to upgrade the existing infrastructure and then maintain the same as per global standards. Immediate improvement in infrastructu re and their maintenance is essential. In order to ensure global standards and attract investment and management from the private sector in the maintenance of various industrial parks, the Authority will work out suitable model for upgradation and maintenance of industrial parks in PPP mode.
Amendment in Common Infrastructure (Regulation and Maintenance) Act 2012
- Wherever SPVs for maintenance have been formed and have come forward for maintenance of industrial estates, the Authority will involve them in the maintenance of Industrial Areas. The State will further suitably amend the existing Common Infrastructure (Regulation and Maintenance) Act, 2012 regarding maintenance of Industrial Parks in line with the Policy.
Uniform Estate Management Procedure
- The Authority will be responsible for all estate management services of all the industrial estates, focal points and other areas transferred to it by Directorate, Punjab Infotech, Punjab Agro and other agencies.
- The Authority will simplify and revise existing estate management practices of different agencies keeping in view the changing economic environment, aspirations of the Industry and ensuring ease of doing business for existing and prospective allottees. The guidelines and processes pertaining to allotment, reservation, transfer of plots, grant of NOCs, land use changes and other aspects of Estate Management will be simplified and revised.
- The Authority will notify and publish a standard Estate Management Procedure for all the industrial estates, industrial focal points, industrial growth areas etc. developed or transferred to the Authority.
- The Authority will develop online system for all the estate management services in a time bound manner.
Unlocking the potential of land – Liberalizing zoning regulations
- Many of the old focal points and industrial areas have come inside the city. Further, there is need to provide various support services and infrastructure to the industrial units in the focal point. In fact, in case of MSMEs, a number of services have also been included in the definition of enterprise. It is accordingly required that duly identified activities are permitted in the zoning regulations of industrial parks and estates.
- ELTOP Sector in SAS Nagar was setup long back and keeping in view the present needs, the permissible usage needs to be reviewed and liberalized.
- The department of housing and urban development has already notified a scheme for conversion of industrial plots to other usage under certain terms and conditions, the same would be reviewed to make it more effective.
- The State would also provide an effective mechanism for resuming the vacant plots so that they can be given to deserving entrepreneurs.
- Zoning regulations will be liberalized to provide for flatted factories. Further, keeping in view the paucity of land, the State and the Authority would go for vertical growth and grant of higher FAR would be liberalized.
Unlocking the potential of land – Liberalising the lease and other terms and conditions of old allotments
- Some of the terms and conditions of allotment and lease deeds executed by the State and various agencies have emerged as a bottleneck towards utilization of idle land with the Industry. PSIEC has liberalised many of the lease terms and conditions over a period of time as per the demand of the Industry for their growth. PICTC is still following different policies. Uniform Estate Management Policy will be notified.
- Provisions regarding unearned profit clause and other such restrictive clauses in the terms and conditions of sale or lease will be reviewed.
- Provision of mortgaging of land to raise finances and sub-leasing will be reviewed with a view to make them more liberal.
E-auction of plots
- Wherever the number of qualified applicants are more than number of plots, the plots will be allotted by way of e-auction.
One Time Voluntary disclosure and Amnesty scheme
- It has been noticed that the old allottees have committed certain violations of terms and conditions of allotment pertaining to unauthorized transfer/ leasing/ change in constitution etc. The State would come out with one time amnesty scheme for regularization of such cases.
Private Industrial Park
- The State will separately formulate a scheme for promotion and development of Industrial Parks in Private Sector.