STATE'S APPROACH TO INNOVATION AND ENTREPRENEURSHIP
- The State is known for the enterprising spirit of its people, which brought green revolution and also made Punjab a hub of small and medium enterprises. The State now has to transition to knowledge and technology driven enterprises. It has to develop a new culture of innovation. The State recognizes that innovation and entrepreneurship are crucial for future growth of State’s economy.
- The State would support cluster specific bottom up approach to build and strengthen Innovation and Entrepreneurship ecosystem in the State. The State would follow an entrepreneur centric approach fostering connections and learning. The State will facilitate networking between entrepreneurs and entrepreneurship support organizations by bringing entrepreneurs together in an environment that catalyzes learning.
STARTUP PUNJAB - BUILDING A STRONG ECO-SYSTEM FOR STARTUPS
- The State will launch “Startup Punjab” to build a strong eco-system for nurturing innovation and Startup. The State will ensure necessary convergence and synergy in various Central and State programs promoting innovation, entrepreneurship and Startup. It will promote networking of various reputed academic institutions carrying out research and innovation and other organizations running incubators and accelerators.
- The State has a large number of reputed national level research and academic institutions particularly around the State capital such as Indian School of Business (ISB), Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research (NIPER), Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER) and National Agri-biotech Institute apart from various State Universities for Technical Education and Higher Education and other institutions of excellence.
- The State will connect these leading institutions and leverage their expertise and research capabilities for promoting innovation, entrepreneurship and Startups in the State. The State will connect them with entrepreneurs and global network of venture capital, angel funds and mentors. It will accelerate the state’s handholding in not only technology sector but also other fields like manufacturing, healthcare, agriculture, tourism etc.