- The State is home to many prominent historical and religious sites.
- Fastest growing state in tourism with 24.25 Mn Domestic and foreign tourists in 2014.
- The tourism sector is an important source of creation of income, employment and regional development
- Amritsar is also known as City of Hotels with lots of cuisine and flavours
- It is the second most preferred state in north India for holidays, leisure and recreation.
- It also experiences tourist arrivals from various parts of the world like United Kingdom, United States, Canada, Germany etc.
- The State has a strong infrastructure for tourism by having international airports and one of the best rail and road connectivity in the country.
KEY POLICY TARGETS
Investment of Rs …………… in next 5 years
Employment creation……………….in next 5 years
Tourism Units in PPP Mode
Provision of support infrastructure facilities
- Conversion of Heritage Properties
Green Hotels will to be given extra incentives
- Declaring the Old City Area
- Renewal of Licenses and Clearances to be simplified and made online
Amritsar: Establishment of hotel city and tourism facilities- Heritage Street, Entrance Plaza and Interpretation Centre at Golden Temple, Partition Museum, Sadda Pind, War Memorial, Ram Tirath Complex & Fort Gobindgarh, Amritsar
Developing Patiala as Heritage City-Qila Mubarak, Sheesh Mahal, Medal Gallery, Bahadurgarh Fort, Bir Moti Bagh Wildlife Sanctury, Old Moti Bagh Palace, Gurdwara Dukh Niwaran, Qila Mubarak, Nabha, Bir Bhadson, Wildlife Sanctury, Hira Mahal, Darbar hall (Museum), Mughal Sara
MAJOR CLUSTER PARKS
- Eastern Circuit: Located on line from Patiala, Sri Fatehgarh sahib, Chandigarh, Rajpura, Rupnagar, Ghanouli, Kiratpur and Nangal
- Western Circuit: Includes districts of Amritsar, Gurdaspur, Kapurthala and Tarn Taran
- Sikh Circuit: Punj Takhts in Punjab and prominent Gurudwaras in punjab
KEY FISCAL INCENTIVES
Fiscal Incentives for MSME/Large units
- MSME – 100% Reimbursement of net SGST, Exemption in ED, SD
- MSME – 5% Interest Subsidy for Border and Kandi Area
- MSME – Assistance for Finance, Technology, Marketing & Exports
- Large – 75% of net SGST, 100% Exemption in ED, SD & 50% Property Tax
- Thrust Sector – 100% of net SGST, 100% Exemption in ED, SD & 50% PTax
- Early Bird Units in New Industrial Parks – 100% of net SGST upto 125% FCI
100% exemption from entertainment tax to all new investments in special theme parks/ amusement parks/ water parks/ adventure parks/ cinematic tourism like film institute/ film city/ film studio/ theatres/ mini-theatres etc
Fiscal Incentives for Anchor Unit
- 100% Reimbursement of net SGST for 15years upto 200% of FCI
- 100% Exemption from CLU/EDC
- Employment Generation Incentive @Rs.30,000/employee/year
- CLU in Agriculture Zone for minimum land area of 50 Acres
- Exemption from PAPRA and Grant of CLU for Anchor Projects
- 365 days operation without any weekly offs
- Exemption from Consent Management for Green Category Units
- Heritage hotels situated on narrow roads in urban areas which arrange for a dedicated alternative parking on a 40/60 feet wide road and provide for the park and ride system from hotel to parking place, shall be permitted to operate
- Hotel constructions which are of 20 years or above shall be exempted from parking places. The State will provide dedicated alternative parking and park and ride system from hotel to parking place and a congestion charge can be levied on all such hotels.
The State plans to develop Patiala and the areas around Sirhind-Patiala-Nabha-Sangrur as heritage zone/arch